It was just one of those nights. One where you toss and turn and think and dream and ponder and then it hits you: I have a plan. It was there all along but I just didn’t see it. I was too wrapped up in my past and all the mistakes that went along with it that I wasn’t thinking forward.
I started a daily journal and in it I list 7 things I am most grateful for each day and 7 goals I’d like to accomplish. I don’t think my goals will change much from day to day BUT I will have at least 7 things to be grateful for almost daily.
1. Warm house (It’s like -15Fdegrees outside right now, but my home is warm and cozy)
2. Full tank of propane (hadn’t gotten a fill up in years. It was time.)
3. Hubby still healthy.
4. Hubby still working (part time to time)
5. Getting along with my oldest daughter.
6. Communicating much better with my youngest daughter.
7. Somehow, our bills are getting paid on time.
1. Lose weight. At least 5 pounds despite needing to lose 25.
2. Walk, hike and swim as much as possible.
3. Financial stability.
4. Solve my winter snow birding desires.
5. Travel in our RV more this spring and summer.
6. Make more YouTube videos.
7. Improve my sleeping habits (I’m up all night and sleep all day. Not good!)
In three years, when hubby turns 65, and all open heart surgeries are completed, sell our home, downsize, move someplace warmer and buy a single family home (no smoking neighbors!). I used to think the sun rose and set in Florida but I was wrong. There are so many other communities similar to what we had in Florida…..starting in the state of Delaware.
- Delaware Named Most Tax-Friendly State and Most Tax-Friendly State for Retirees by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance Magazine.
- Social Security benefits are not taxed.
- No state or local sales tax.
- No inheritance tax.
- No personal property tax.
The builder that we had come to love and purchase a Florida home from has built two retirement communities along the beaches in Delaware for half the price of what they offered in Florida! Starting this spring, hubby and I will start vacationing in Delaware and become familiar with their beaches and neighboring communities. We’ll be able to bank half the equity from the sale of our NY home after we purchase another home in a warmer climate. We have three years to make this dream plan a reality!